Thursday, July 29, 2010

Combat Runner Tool

4th Edition Dungeons and Dragons Tool


As an aspiring engineer, I'm completely in favor of working smarter, not harder.  Plus, with my penchant for programming on the side, I have a habit of making my computer do my more mundane, monotonous tasks.  I've been a big fan of Visual Basic or Visual Studio or whatever it's calling itself nowadays for a while.  It's easy to pick up and even easier to make a good user interface without needing to spend too much time on it.  (Again going back to the smarter, not harder thing).

So, when I starting running 4th Edition Dungeons and Dragons adventures, I got pretty tired of keeping track of monsters hit points, and attack bonuses and all that stuff.  So, my natural instinct was to make my computer do it for me.  I spent a lot of time on this tool, but it's still not perfect.  But I figure it's good enough that I don't mind sharing it with the world.  I did my best to make most bugs Ignorable anyway.

If you find any bugs, please let me know and I'll do my best to fix it soon as I feel like it.  As I mentioned before I used Visual Studio, so you might need some drivers and whatnot.  I don't know where you get them. That's on you.

Download Combat Runner


No comments:

Post a Comment